Director of Pricing
The Director of Pricing will work with the VP of Carrier Procurement to effectively increase load count while maintaining the expected levels for margin service. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Own and refine the process for bid discovery with reps and manage and improve a pricing roadmap for successful bid completion and execution.
- Work with business intelligence to continuously improve the algorithm used for pricing customer opportunities.
- Work with business intelligence to develop internal reporting to help create visibility around win/loss.
- Collect, analyze, and distribute competitive market data to help cross-functional teams stay informed and understand market conditions and trends.
- Work with Load Delivered stakeholders to quote RFPs and requested commitment freight through a combination of complex algorithms and in-depth market knowledge.
- Identify, find, vet, profile, and negotiate with transportation assets of all sizes, regions and mode capabilities.
- Continuously measure and improve company pricing performance while facilitating new and efficient ways to drive bigger-picture opportunities.
- Understand Load Delivered buying capabilities and work with the carrier leadership team and the carrier sales teams to ensure Load Delivered freight is getting the right buys.
- Analyze data to identify network gaps and network weaknesses and work with the carrier sales teams to strategically develop capacity to improve buys and drive sales and margin growth.
- Forecast where new capacity will be needed and work with the carrier sales teams to strategically develop capacity to ensure smooth onboarding of new business
What we’re looking for:
- 3 years in Truckload purchasing experience, carrier facing preferred but not necessary
- Experience utilizing pricing tools preferred
- Analytical, organized, data-focused but knowledgeable about the logistics industry and truckload pricing
- Sense of urgency with the ability to prioritize and be agile
- Personable with the ability to work with all departments with some outward facing exposure
- Work independently to develop the pricing department and its processes
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Increases lane commitment at a profitable margin
- Decreases spend on committed lanes through carrier agreements
- Works well with all facets of the business
What we bring to the table:
- Downtown Chicago location
- Competitive salary & uncapped commission potential
- Ability for upward mobility
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- PTO & paid holidays
- 401(k) company match
- Philanthropy events
- Casual dress code
- Corporate workout facility
- Sponsored intramural sports
- Free food! Including breakfasts, free lunch Fridays, snacks, cold brew coffee & tea on tap, and more!
LoadDelivered is the freight management division of Capstone Logistics, a billion-dollar supply chain entity with rapidly growing capabilities in transportation, warehouse and distribution center support, yard management, last mile delivery, supply chain analytics/ optimization, and more. We’ve earned a spot on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in America for sixth consecutive years. In addition, LoadDelivered was included on the Crain’s Fast 50 list of the fastest-growing companies in Chicago, named a Top Freight Brokerage Firm based on net revenue by Transport Topics, and recognized by Food Logistics as both a Top 3PL & Cold Storage Provider and a Top Software & Technology provider.
We’re looking for sharp, ambitious, and enthusiastic candidates to join our team. We’ve built a high-energy, positive environment with opportunities to elevate our people through mentorship and talent development programs, upward mobility, and community involvement. Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer an in-office gym, monthly in-office haircuts and manicures, professional learning seminars, paid time off, and more.