Your main assignment as After-Hours Manager is to oversee the After-Hours team and to be responsible for driving improvements to the carrier, client and employee experience through improvements to process, service, employee engagement and communication. Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support the business needs of all carrier and customer accounts.
- Oversee the afterhours team’s execution of track and trace and exception management.
- Lead team members to drive efficiency and generate innovative ideas to overcome operational obstacles.
- Help provide load coverage opportunities utilizing Load Delivered’ s carrier network.
- Manage team schedule.
- Oversee the execution of customers SOP’s.
- Manage team’s daily productivity and workload.
- Be part of the interview, on boarding and training process.
- Develop and maintain processes.
- Lead weekly meetings with floor stakeholders discussing ongoing issues and team progress.
- Facilitate weekly discussion with LoadDelivered offsite tracking department.
- Lead departmental cultural development.
- Collaborate with team members improve the efficiency of the team.
- Facilitate monthly review to team members.
- Thursday-Monday Schedule
- Monday/Thursday/Friday 1pm-8pm
- Saturday-Sunday 7am-5pm
*Dates and times are subject to change due to team coverage
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years minimum of professional Logistics and Transportation experience
- 1 year minimum in management and leadership experience
- Team-oriented player with a positive energy
- Responsible self-starter
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Tenacious appetite for success
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage detail on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work across company departments
What we bring to the table:
- Downtown Chicago location
- Ability for upward mobility
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- PTO & paid holidays
- 401(k) company match
- Philanthropy events
- Casual dress code
- Corporate workout facility
- Sponsored intramural sports
- Free food! Including breakfasts, free lunch Fridays, snacks, cold brew coffee & tea on tap, and more!
LoadDelivered is the freight management division of Capstone Logistics, a billion-dollar supply chain entity with rapidly growing capabilities in transportation, warehouse and distribution center support, yard management, last mile delivery, supply chain analytics/ optimization, and more. We’ve earned a spot on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in America for sixth consecutive years. In addition, LoadDelivered was included on the Crain’s Fast 50 list of the fastest-growing companies in Chicago, named a Top Freight Brokerage Firm based on net revenue by Transport Topics, and recognized by Food Logistics as both a Top 3PL & Cold Storage Provider and a Top Software & Technology provider.
We’re looking for sharp, ambitious, and enthusiastic candidates to join our team. We’ve built a high-energy, positive environment with opportunities to elevate our people through mentorship and talent development programs, upward mobility, and community involvement. Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer an in-office gym, monthly in-office haircuts and manicures, professional learning seminars, paid time off, and more.